“The Hirer” means the person paying for the room.
“The Premises” means the building or part of the building booked.
“The period of hire” means the date(s) and time(s) for hire referred to in any correspondence op de facto.
“Onyx” is the hotel Schoolkaai 31, 9000 Gent and owned by Marasquin.
“The Onyx staff” means the Onyx Manager or any person or persons nominated by him/her.
- The hirer shall not use the premises, or permit the premises to be used for any other purpose other than personal occupation, either alone or with one extra person. Up to 2 extra persons can be admitted upon paying of the “extra person admittance fee” as found in the price list.
- The hirer shall take good care of, and shall not cause any damage or permit any damage to be done to the premises, or any part of the premises or the fixtures, fittings and equipment on the premises or to any part of the building of which the premises form part or any other building or structure within the curtilage of the building, and any damage caused or permitted by the hirer or any other person resorting to the premises by reason of his/her hire of them shall be made good at the cost to the hirer.
The hirer shall inform the Onyx staff of any such damage as soon as practical and the hirer shall immediately indemnify the damage occurred.
- The hirer shall be liable for and shall indemnify Onyx again all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, charges, costs, expenses whatsoever brought or made against Onyx in respect of any damage, theft or loss of property, goods, articles or things placed, deposited, brought into or left upon the premises or other part of the building of which the premises forms a part either by the hirer for his use or by any other person using the premises by reason of his/her hire unless due to the negligence of the Onyx staff.
- Onyx shall not be liable for any loss due to any industrial action, breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, Government restrictions or any other circumstances beyond its reasonable control, which may cause the premises or any part thereof to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled, nor for any failure of the hirer to gain access to the premises unless due to negligence of the Onyx staff.
- The hirer shall be liable for, and shall indemnify Onyx against all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, charges, costs expenses whatsoever brought or made against Onyx in respect of any personal injury to or the death of any person arising out of or in the course of the hire of the premises by the hirer, unless due to negligence of the Onyx staff.
- The Onyx staff can refuse the right of entry at any time during the hire period.
- The hirer and others present under the hire shall, during the hire in the premises comply with all requirements of the Onyx staff..
4.1 The hirer shall, during the period of hire be responsible for:
- the efficient supervision of the premises, including the orderly and safe admission and departure of persons to and from the premises and assisting the Onyx staff Officer in the orderly and safe clearance of the premises in case of emergency
- keeping the premises safe and ensuring good order and decency is maintained
- keeping the doors giving exit from the premises for emergency unobstructed, and immediately available for exit.
4.2 If you fail, in the opinion of the Onyx manager, to comply with clause 7.1 he/she shall be permitted to suspend or terminate the function for which the immediate clearance of the premises may be required. Onyx will not be liable for any damages arising from the termination or suspension unless arising directly from Onyx staff negligence
- The hirer shall not permit activities not permitted by Belgian low.
4.3 The hirer shall use the premises as ‘good housefather’, allowing the premises to be cleaned with normal amount of work. Extra cleaning will cost 20 euro.
- The building and all the premises are non-smoking. Smoking in the rooms will give rise to 4 hours of forced ventilation in the room billed to the hirer according the Onyx prices.
- Alcohol or drugs may not be brought on to or consumed on these premises.
- No animal may be brought on to the premises or into the building.
- The hirer and others under this hire shall leave the premises by the expiry of the hire period. If they have not, the hirer will be required to pay Onyx a surcharge amounting to the Onyx normal hire charge for the premises until the premises have been cleared.
- No alterations or additions to the premises, the fixtures, fittings, scenery and/or equipment or the decorations at the premises shall be carried out.
- The use of any equipment provided by Onyx is at the risk of the hirer and Onyx will accept no liability or responsibility for it unless any damage to it is due solely to the negligence of Onyx staff.
- The hirer shall be wholly liable and responsible for any loss or damage to the premises or any part of it or its fixtures or fittings or to any of Onyx equipment used by him/her or by persons permitted on the premises by reason of his/her hire.
- No furniture or fittings or equipment shall be moved or removed by the hirer.
- The hirer shall not be entitled to grant sound, television broadcasting or filming or picture rights without the prior written consent of the Onyx staff.
- Onyx will, at their own expense, provide for the heating, lighting,Smart TV, Sonos , WiFi of the premises (but not further or otherwise), but shall not be responsible for any failure thereof or defect resulting in loss or damage.
- Bookings cancelled until the hour of reservation. No fee will be charged, however if a hirer surpasses a ration of more then 20 cancellations of his reservations either both parties agree that the hirer is no longer a customer or 5 euro per cancellation is applied.
- Onyx may cancel the hiring at any time without stating a reason, and if applicable Onyx shall refund to the hirer all monies paid by him/her to Onyx. Onyx shall not be liable to pay any compensation to the hirer in respect of such cancellation.